Google

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Silly Rabbit....Trixter is for Badasses!


I have long suspected that I have powers that reach well beyond this mundane existence into a realm of magic and awesomeness. As I blew out my birthday candle this year on the triple decker ice cream birthday explosion from PJ McFudgeingtons Ice Creamatorium, I called my powers to my aid. My mind focused on the one true wish of my heart....please let Trixter re-unite for one last tour this year. I opened my eyes not knowing that the powers of the cosmos would hear my wish and conspire to grant aforementioned wish. But today....this most splendid of days...I found out my wish was to come true. Trixter has indeed announced that they will re-unite for one last glorious tour to be known as the "Give it to you good" tour.
My sources have revealed inside information to me that the "Give it to me ok", and "Give it to me sufficiently" tour names were also considered. But, upon consulting a marketing agency the band learned that consumers like things that are "good", and hence the name was finalized.
People these days are so quick to judge. They say things like "well. maybe the band shouldn't have gone 8 years in between albums from 1984 to 1992" or "Maybe if lead vocalist Peter Loran could have teased that rock-fro out just 3 more inches, they would have been more popular". I would like to smite these people down with my "Sceptre of Holy Might" which has +3 to damage to all non-troll humanoids....unless of course I roll double 6's in which case I have to do a single dice roll and score higher than a 4 to avoid taking 1 D6+8 magic damage.....cause seriously, they piss me off! Did Picasso paint more than one painting....NO. Did Shakespeare write more than 1 play...NO. So why are people baggin on Trixter for only really making one album?? Did you ever stop to consider the amount of Hard Rock nuclear fission would have to be expended to create a song like Surrender or One in a Million? I wouldn't be one bit surprised to learn that some entity had traveled back in time from the future to warn Trixter that their music was too awesome and that humanity isn't ready for it's message thereby averting some sort of tragedy that the awesomeness of their music created. I personally thank the rock gods every day that Trixter only made one album, probably saving humanity.
So, lets raise our goblets of homemade raisin wine,clear our schedules, and prepare to have our faces rocked off by Glam Rocks most under appreciated band.

No comments: